Character Rigging & Animation Fundamentals: Learn to make an inanimate object come to life by creating a fun and charming animated character. This course covers the complete routine for character animation for novices, including drawing, rigging, and animation.
This class uses non-human-like characters that may be animated in an artistic style to eliminate the need to be precise and instead concentrate on the fundamental aspects of animating and rigging.
In addition, imagining something new is a great way to master the finer points of motion that give it human-like characteristics, even though it's not.
Character animation allows the viewer to envision themselves in the character's shoes and connect their message to their personal life. But it isn't easy for those who aren't sure how to prepare the character to be animated (aka rigging) or the best way to move your model in an artistic yet realistic manner.
Who is this class intended for:
This class is designed for motion artists who are comfortable using After Effects and want to draw character designs often seen in motion-based graphics, such as explainer videos. Animation of characters is different from animated films that are frame-by-frame because there's no drawing involved.
What you need to be aware of before taking this course:
- How do you create a basic illustration using Adobe Illustrator and import your design into After Effects
- After Effects basics like creating compositions, setting keyframes, rendering, etc.
- How can you modify the anchor point the layer revolves around
- How do you parent layers and properties?
- How do you animate the shape's path?
- How do you add easing to keyframes? You can also make use of the graph editor to modify the animation's spacing
Animation and character rigging tools you'll need:
- Limber (can begin with a free trial)
Learn more about:
- how do you keep form and function in your character drawings
- various tools for character rigging and animation
- What to draw that will be suitable to create the 2D character
Download Character Rigging & Animation Fundamentals in Adobe After Effects from the below link now!