Aescripts Curve Tracer V1.0.2 (WIN, MAC-v1.0.1):
How does it work
The Curve Tracer plugin mimics the method by which an artist makes drawings using a pencil. The drawing is an abstract representation of a larger, full-color animation or image. The artist first creates several "sketching" curves, which provide a rough estimate of the design of the final sketch. They would then proceed with the primary curves, which are more precise that could be shaded in order to convey a sense of depth.
The filter analyzes the edges and contours of the image that it is analyzing and then converts them into the form of splines (curves). The curves are then smoothed or reduced in vector space and then created as a continuous segment. Post-processing adds color and a subtle "bloom" effect, to enhance the authenticity.
Rundown of the available parameters
- Preset Start from scratch or use one of the twelve presets available for different styles.
Canny Edge Detection
The image must be converted into the form of a map of edges in the form of it is a binary image. To do this, we employ Canny Edge Detector, which is a technique that has been widely modified and utilized for computer vision applications.
- Image Smoothing The use of Gaussian smoothing prior to Canny edge detection to smooth out edge transitions. This removes high-frequency noise, making splines more natural.
- low limit The first limit to the hysteresis process (during Canny).
- Maximum Limit Second limit to the hysteresis process. Two limits determine the edges that are preserved and which ones are removed. The values of the gradients which are higher than the low value are retained while those below are removed. The ones in between have rules dependent on connectivity. The best way to determine these values is through trial and trial. A ratio of 2:1 to 3:1 between the Limit values is suggested.
- The precision of sampling percent of the pixels that are sampled in the Canny map. A low number indicates that you are stepping overvalues and resulting in a less dense map. This creates the appearance of curves that are made of diagonal straight lines horizontally or horizontally.
Following Canny detection, The edges change into vectorized curves. These choices affect all curves.
- Width of Curves in pixels units.
- Additional Smooth An alternative algorithm that produces similar results as Smoothing, however, has a bigger smooth aperture.
- Details - Percentage of the curve points that have been which have been sampled, and then recreated as a unidirectional curve. This is equivalent to the precision of sampling that comes from Canny edge Detection, however in the vector space.
- Line Style A selection between solid and Dashed curves. Dashed appears as a set of strokes that are short.
- Longest Line The HTML0 line ending length is a way to scale down the width at either end of each curve so that the curves appear to be completed in the shape of a point. It's the distance between the ending (or the beginning) in the event that the change can begin happening.
- Line Width Percentage to show the effect of line-ending scaling. The combination of this value and the prior amount (0 and 100 percent) can result in effects of the pointing to finish.
Each curve is separated by purpose to Main/Lighting as well as Sketch contours. Each is used for a specific purpose. The main contours can be considered as the base. Lighting contours are additional ones, that are rendered in different colors (usually bright, to signify the lighting effect - with lighting coming from a specified direction in the XY plane in the picture).
- Color - Main Color Main Color Color of the main contour.
- Primary Opacity Alpha opacity of the main contour.
- Source Color Mix Mixture percentage with Color and colors that are derived from projecting the original image.
- lighting coverage Normalized (0-100) value of the coverage of light contours. The greater the value the greater the number of light contours will be visible.
- Lighting Scale - The percentage for the Curve Style Width that will be used to render lighting lines. Utilize a large value to emphasize the lighting contours.
- Light Angle - Indicates the position of the lighting source virtualized on the image plane. The calculations used to calculate illumination are calculated based upon the light angle and the orientation to the curve in certain locations.
- The Lighting Color -- Color of the lighting contour.
- The Opacity of Lighting Alpha opacity the lighting contour.
Sketch contours serve the purpose of mimicking "handwritten" contours, typically using a color that tends to be darker.
- Sketching steps - Number of Sketching-style overlays. Each will be slightly different in smooth parameters, to replicate the look from "preliminary" sketches, with less precise detail.
- Sketching Smoothing Smoothing of the first sketching contour. Each additional sketch (their number is specified by the sketching step parameter) will be smoothed slightly. greater smoothing effect. This is referred to as the base parameter.
- Sketching Color Color of Sketching Color of sketching contour.
- Sketching Opacity Alpha opacity sketching contour.
- Source Color Mix percent of mixing in Color and colors that are derived from projecting the original image.
Post-processing options that render for post-processing.
- Skipping Frame(s) - Adjust the original footage's FPS, and permit fewer frames per second to filter to minimize motion jitter. It also helps to bring closer the traditional cel-animator.
- Halo Main Halo Main Gaussian blurred photo of the curvatures placed over the rendering creating the appearance of a soft halo.
- Halo Highlight - Additional soft halo renderings of the "highlight" curves.
- The Halo Size Size of the Gaussian filter that generates the halo in pixels.
- composite on original - Select whether or not to allow the overlaying process of overlaying your original photo (before any curve transformation and rendering) in the final rendering.
- Blending Option to add or normal (alpha base) Blending that overlays.
- Fix of native Apple Silicon support for Adobe After Effects (beta)
- Aescripts framework v4.0.4 - Fixed "invalid format" error for floating licences
- Registration and stability fixes
Download Aescripts Curve Tracer V1.0.2 (WIN, MAC-v1.0.1) from the below link now!
Dear user, you must first login to your account to write your comment.
Please click here to Log in
Access Permission Error
You do not have access to this product!
- Please login to your account. (Please click here to login, Not registered yet? Click here)
- Please subscribe to the VIP or higher plan. (Please click here to upgrade your account)