Gumroad – Bend Face V4.6.0:
The Bend Face is a tool to rotate or move your faces.
This tool lets you rotate or move the chosen face using any edge or the regular face. It's incredibly convenient and straightforward to use.
When you utilize this tool, it will show yellow lines to indicate the nearest edge.
Drag the left mouse button. It will turn the mesh.
You can drag by clicking the right mouse button, which will cause the faces to move to the left and right.
After completing the entire procedure, you can press Q or Esc keys to quit.
You can also enter numbers directly to calculate angles or distances using the Left-Bottom menu.
To access this menu,
- Do one thing and then press Q immediately (without performing a second action)
- Change the settings for this action (rotation angle loop counts, rotation angle, etc.)
Face Normal Mode:
Press the F to change into Face Normal Mode. The screen will show the lines in yellow that represent the regular face rather than the edges. Then, you can rotate the faces with regular lines or move them.
Press the F key once to switch the mode.
Edge Loop Copy
You can define a "Number of copies" to create edge loops between the first face and the rotated or moved face. This feature is powerful and allows you to create a bent mesh easily.
Please check the parameters above in the Left-Bottom menu.
Additionally, you can utilize Face-normal mode with edge loops copies and increase your Axis Offset (co-linear) to create an excellent bent face extrusion.
The parameters above are displayed in the menu in the Left-Bottom section.
There's no limit to how faces are chosen. There are a lot of possibilities with this feature!
Sliding Rotation (experimental)
It is possible to slide the vertex while you turn. Press the S to activate the sliding mode. (When using this feature, you are limited to having one face chosen.)
- Since Blender 3.5.0, the use of OpenGL has been deprecated and showss a warning about it. This update switch to blender's new GPU function. (however, the function has a problem with line smoothing)
- Bend Face does not automatically exit when you act. So you can keep doing different actions, then press the Q or Esc keys to commit.
- To use the rotate-extrude feature of Bend Face :
- Rotate the selected faces
- Press Q to commit immediately (without adding other actions)
- Change the Loop counts settings in the Left-Bottom panel
- There is an option in Addon Preference; it can switch between the new Continuous mode (stay inside the tool until pressing the Q key) or exit immediately.
- The menu will preserve all the rotate extrude settings, so you can use the same number of copies and offset for rotate extrude! (check the option box to activate it)
- When rotating the face in the tool, you can press 1,2,3,4 key for sharp angles ! 1 key = 30, 2 key = 45, 3 key = 60, and 4 key = 90.
- I updated the hint text on the screen.
- In the the recent version, the "move" function was broken, creating many ghost copies. This update fixed the bug.
- The menu of Bend Face is improved :
Bend Face will always show the Left-Bottom menu,
You can use the menu to change the "Last action" performed by the mouse
- Minor bug fix for the last update (error if commit without action)
Download Gumroad – Bend Face V4.6.0 from the below link now!